Get access to the area's largest labor pool. Free job listings.
- SC Works Centers have the area's largest database of job seekers.
- Many current job seekers have good work records, but were laid off due to economic conditions.
- SC Works Centers recruit students and veterans.
- Job listings can be posted without your company name, so you are not contacted by unqualified applicants.
- You can post a job at any time at jobs.scworks.org.
Save time by having job applicants screened to your specifications.
- Only individuals who meet your specifications are referred.
- You choose how you want to be contacted. Qualified applicants can be asked to call you. You may choose to have applications mailed to you so you can review candidates at your convenience.
- You can search for and screen qualified candidates at any time using our web-based SC Works Online Services (SC WOS) at jobs.scworks.org.
- You can set up a Virtual Recruiter and the system will match your requirements against job seekers in the system and send you notification and a match score.
- Computers are available for job applicants to complete on-line job applications and resumes.
- Pre-employment testing can be arranged.
- There is no charge for basic services
- Contact our Business and Employer Services Representative about screening options.
Find trained applicants or train new or existing workers. The SC Works OJT Program provides scholarships for qualified individuals each year. A current student or recent graduate may have the skills you need.
On The Job Training
OJT provides training for occupations that have no formal classroom training or in which hands-on training is necessary to learn the job. OJT provides payments to employers for training eligible WIA participants. Payments are based on a percentage of the wage rate of the WIA participant for the extraordinary costs of providing training. The percentage is determined based on the number of employees at the business. For Small Business (100 employees or less), up to 75% of the wage rate may be reimbursed, for Large Business (101 employees or more), up to 50% of the wage rate may be reimbursed. The length of training varies and takes into account the content of the training and the prior work experience of the participant.
For more information contact Michael Butler 843-726-5536 email@example.com
Whether it is hosting a job fair or providing interview space, the SC Works Employer Services Representatives wants to meet your needs. Do you need additional services to successfully recruit, screen and train workers?
We listen to employers and provide innovative solutions. Additional services include:
- Hosting job fairs
- Providing information to job seekers affected by layoffs
- Offering support for on-site interviews
- Making referrals to other organizations that have information or resources for employers
Employment statistics, tax credits and more!
Learn More at jobs.scworks.org